Duties & Responsibilities:
Lew is a Partner in Rossi LLP’s accounting, auditing and tax practices with more than 32 years of experience in public accounting. In addition, Lew has worked on numerous litigation support engagements.
Financial Reporting, Tax Compliance and Consulting Experience
- Industry experience includes manufacturing, distribution, healthcare, high-tech companies, service, not-for-profits, ERISA, real estate, construction and others.
- Perform, supervise and manage financial statement audits, reviews and compilations, including extensive research into application of generally accepted accounting principles to specific industries and situations.
- Involved in tax compliance and strategic tax planning for businesses and individuals.
- Consultation and strategic planning with business clients regarding financial and income tax issues, including analysis of the financial attributes that materially affect the client’s profits.
- Assist and advise in the search for improved banking and credit relationships.
- Involved in strategic consulting and due diligence regarding business acquisitions and dispositions, including income tax planning, assistance, analysis and consulting with the prospective acquisition and or sale of a business and real estate holdings, including the tax and financial reporting systems.
- Business planning services in special situations such as cash flow planning, developing financial forecasts and tax planning.
- Implement financial reporting systems that provide meaningful financial statements and analytical reports to business owners in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles relevant to their respective industry.
- Performance of various agreed upon procedures engagements which focus on specific criteria that the client is interested in analyzing, including construction cost analyses, real estate development activity analysis, specific financial statement elements and cash receipts and disbursements analysis.
- Team captain and team member on peer reviews of other CPA firms.
Litigation Support Services Experience
- Services provided include discovery under hostile and friendly conditions, consulting with counsel as to possible additional causes of action or cross complaints, research of specialized industry financial data, assistance with deposition of witnesses, the discovery process, business valuations and expert testimony rendered in a variety of cases involving many diverse issues.
- Case experience includes cases involving partnership and business disputes and dissolutions, fraud investigations; allegations of lost profits and breach of contract; interpretation of management contracts; class action securities cases, Los Angeles County Superior Court appointed referee to prepare a forensic report and analysis in a litigation dispute among parties; San Bernardino County Court specially appointed master for settlement of dispute among parties; interpretation of insurance contracts; business interruption; amounts alleged to be due pursuant to contractual agreements; construction contracts; issues involving marital dissolution, including business valuation.
- Rossi LLP (Long Beach, California) 12/95 to present
- Lawrence Friend & Associates (Irvine, California) 7/95 – 11/95
- Little, Skorheim, Trank & Kaylor (Irvine, California) 11/93 – 6/95
- Lesley, Thomas, Schwarz & Postma, Inc. (Newport Beach, California) 1/88 – 10/93
- Moss Adams & Company (Costa Mesa, California) 8/86 – 12/87
- Laventhol & Horwath (San Francisco, California) 1/84 – 7/86
- Arthur Young & Company (Chicago, Illinois) 7/82 – 12/83
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- The Litigation Services Committee of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Active member of Provisors
- Current Treasurer – Psi Upsilon International Fraternity Executive Council
- Audit Committee Chairman of Psi Upsilon International Fraternity Foundation
- Advisory Board Member and former long-time Board Member – National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Orange County Chapter
- Past President and current Treasurer of the University of Illinois Alumni Club of Orange County
- Co-founder and past Chairman of the Fall Carnival with the Big Ten Alumni Clubs of Orange County
- Board member, Psi Upsilon Fraternity Chapter at the University of Illinois
- Past President – Vagabonds Golf Group
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from University of Illinois, Urbana, May 1982.